Bassam Saleh Bin-Abbas, MD, FAAP, FACE
American Board of Pediatrics, Yale University
American Board of Endocrinology, Stanford University, UCSF
Consultant of Endocrinology and Diabetes
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center
Sulaiman Al-Habib Medical Group
Professor of Pediatrics and Endocrinology
College of Medicine, Al-Faisal University
Qualification/s , Place &Date:
College/University Faculty of Medicine & Allied Health Sciences King Abdulaziz University, Jeddah M.B.B.Ch degree
House Officer (Internship) King Abdulaziz University Hospital Jeddah, K.S.A. = 1987 - 1988
Senior House Officer (Resident) King Abdulaziz University Hospital Jeddah, K.S.A. = 1988 - 1990
Medical Registrar King Abdulaziz University Hospital Jeddah, K.S.A. = 1990 - 1992
Senior Medical Registrar King Abdulaziz University Hospital Jeddah, K.S.A. = 1992 – 1994
Special Certificates, Place &Date: June 1987 MBBCh October 1992 MRCP (UK) June 2000 FRCP (E)
Anwar Ali Jammah, MD, FRCPC, FACP, FACE
Consultant Endocrinology, Diabetes & Thyroid Oncology
Associate Professor King Saud University
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Associate Professor in Medicine, King Saud University.
- Head of the Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes Division in King Saud University and
KSU Medical City
- Consultant Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Oncology
Certifications and boards:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), From King Saud University August
- American Board in Medicine (ABIM), 2006.
- American Board in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism (ABEM), 2008.
- Canadian Board in Medicine, 2007.
- Canadian Board in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2008.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada (FRCPC) 2006
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) 2009
- Fellow of the American College of clinical Endocrinology (FACE) 2010
- Fellowship in Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism from University of Western Ontario,
- Fellowship in Thyroid Oncology (Nuclear Medicine/Endocrinology) from London Health
- Science Centre & University of Western Ontario, Canada 2008-2009
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound and U/S guided FNA (ECNU) From American
college of Endocrinology December 2009.
- International Endocrine Neck Ultrasound & FNA instructor with American Association of
- Clinical Endocrinologist (ACP).
- ISCD Certification, Certified Clinical Densitometrist from International Society for Clinical
Densitometry (CCD®) June 2008.
Experience and positions:
- Consultant Medicine, Endocrinology, DM & Thyroid Oncology from 2009
- Saudi FDA, Essential drug committee member from 2015 until present time.
- Saudi Commission for Heath Specialties, Scientific Committee of DM program member.
- Head of Pharmacy and therapeutic (P&T) committee in University Hospitals 2010-2016.
- Organizer of Endocrine Neck Ultrasound & FNA courses from 2012 until present time.
- Endocrine and Metabolic Complications Post-Bariatric Surgery. Saudi Journal of
- Characterization of thyroid function and antithyroid antibody tests among Saudis. Saudi Med
- Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Glucose Control and Inflammatory Response in Type
II Diabetes: A Double Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial. Int J Endocrinol Metab.
- Evaluation of the Accuracy of Fine-Needle Aspiration Cytology in the Diagnosis of Thyroid
Nodules: A Retrospective Analysis of Data From a Tertiary Care Hospital in Saudi Arabia.
- Incidental finding of ovarian teratoma on post-therapy scan for papillary thyroid cancer and
impact of SPECT/CT imaging. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol.
- Prevalence of thyroid disease in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Respir Med.
- A limp in a pregnant woman as a first presentation of celiac disease. Osteoporos Int.
Gestational diabetes after infertility treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome. Saudi Med J.
Abdulmohsen H. Al Elq, MD, ABIM, FACE
Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
Department of Internal Medicine
King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar
College of Medicine Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
PRESENT ACADEMIC RANK AND POSITION (January 2014 - DATE):
Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Consultant Internist/Endocrinologist, Department of Internal Medicine,
King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar 31952, Saudi Arabia
EDUCATION (PROFESSIONAL TRAINING):
March 2006 : Enrolled in a master program in Health Professional Education (MHPE) at Gulf University – Bahrain
July 1997- Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship June 1999 at the University of Western Ontario – London- Ontario – Canada
December 1989 - January 1994 : Internal Medicine Residence Program (Arab Board for Medical Specialization and King
Faisal University Fellowship) at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
April 1988 - March 1989 : Rotating Internship at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
1982 -1988 : College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
1989 : MBBS (College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia)
1993 : King Faisal University Fellowship in Internal Medicine (College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia)
1994 : Arab Board Certification in Internal Medicine (Arab Board for Medical Specializations, Damascus, Syria)
1995 : Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination for Graduates of International Medical Schools
1999 : The University of Western Ontario certificate in Endocrinology (University of Western Ontario, Canada)
2001 : Fellowship of the American College of Endocrinology.
2004 : Medical Diabetes Educator Certification -Qualified instructor (The DELTA Project)
2009 : Densitometry Certification - International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
2010 : Master in Health Professional Education Gulf University – Bahrain
2012 : Certificate of training in Good Clinical Practice – Faculty of Pharmacological Medicine – Royal College of Physicians London.
2013 : Certified European Technician- Diabetes Technology Society
PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow, American College of Endocrinology.
- Member of American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member of the research committee for the Gulf Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
- Member of the Endocrine Society, USA
- Member of the American Diabetic Association (2007-2010)
- Member of Canadian Diabetic Association
- Member of the International Society for Stem Cell Research
- Member of the Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (2009)
- Member of the Saudi Diabetic and Endocrine Association.
- Member of the Saudi Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Member of the Saudi Society of Osteoporosis and previous board member of the society (2009-2012).
- Member of the Saudi Society for Medical Education and board member of its Eastern Province branch.
- Registered and certified for medical practice by the Saudi Council for Health Specialties (SCHS)
King Fahd Military Medical Complex,
Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
- INTERNAL MEDICINE,
ENDOCRINOLOGY AND THYROIDOLOGY CONSULTANT AT KFMMC SINCE 2006
- HEAD UNIT OF ENDOCRINOLOGY AT KING FAHAD MILITARY&MEDICAL COMPLEX .
- DIRECTOR OF SAUDI ADULT ENDOCRINOLOGY FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM(EASTERN PROVINCE).
- THYROIDOLOGY TORONTO FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM.
UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO, TORONTO,ON ,CANADA, (2010- 2011)
- ENDOCRINE FELLOWSHIP UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO
LONDON,ON, CANADA (2004-2006)
- JORDANIAN BOARD CERTIFICATE
- SAUDI BOARD CERTIFICATE FOR SPECIALIST,2001.
- ARAB BOARD ELIGIBILITY,2000
- MBBS,KING SAUD UNIVERSITY,
- AACE MEMBERSHIP SINCE 2003
- ENDOSOCIETY MEMBERSHIP SINCE 2004