Anwar Ali Jammah, MD, FRCPC, FACP, FACE
Consultant Endocrinology, Diabetes & Thyroid Oncology
Associate Professor King Saud University
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
- Associate Professor in Medicine, King Saud University.
- Head of the Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes Division in King Saud University and
KSU Medical City
- Consultant Medicine, Endocrinology, Diabetes and Thyroid Oncology
Certifications and boards:
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), From King Saud University August
- American Board in Medicine (ABIM), 2006.
- American Board in Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism (ABEM), 2008.
- Canadian Board in Medicine, 2007.
- Canadian Board in Endocrinology & Metabolism, 2008.
- Fellow of Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons, Canada (FRCPC) 2006
- Fellow of American College of Physicians (FACP) 2009
- Fellow of the American College of clinical Endocrinology (FACE) 2010
- Fellowship in Endocrinology Diabetes & Metabolism from University of Western Ontario,
- Fellowship in Thyroid Oncology (Nuclear Medicine/Endocrinology) from London Health
- Science Centre & University of Western Ontario, Canada 2008-2009
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound and U/S guided FNA (ECNU) From American
college of Endocrinology December 2009.
- International Endocrine Neck Ultrasound & FNA instructor with American Association of
- Clinical Endocrinologist (ACP).
- ISCD Certification, Certified Clinical Densitometrist from International Society for Clinical
Densitometry (CCD®) June 2008.
Experience and positions:
- Consultant Medicine, Endocrinology, DM & Thyroid Oncology from 2009
- Saudi FDA, Essential drug committee member from 2015 until present time.
- Saudi Commission for Heath Specialties, Scientific Committee of DM program member.
- Head of Pharmacy and therapeutic (P&T) committee in University Hospitals 2010-2016.
- Organizer of Endocrine Neck Ultrasound & FNA courses from 2012 until present time.
- Endocrine and Metabolic Complications Post-Bariatric Surgery. Saudi Journal of
- Characterization of thyroid function and antithyroid antibody tests among Saudis. Saudi Med
- Effect of Vitamin D Supplementation on Glucose Control and Inflammatory Response in Type
II Diabetes: A Double Blind, Randomized Clinical Trial. Int J Endocrinol Metab.
- Evaluation of the Accuracy of Fine-Needle Aspiration Cytology in the Diagnosis of Thyroid
Nodules: A Retrospective Analysis of Data From a Tertiary Care Hospital in Saudi Arabia.
- Incidental finding of ovarian teratoma on post-therapy scan for papillary thyroid cancer and
impact of SPECT/CT imaging. Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol.
- Prevalence of thyroid disease in patients with obstructive sleep apnea. Respir Med.
- A limp in a pregnant woman as a first presentation of celiac disease. Osteoporos Int.
Gestational diabetes after infertility treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome. Saudi Med J.