Abdulmohsen H. Al Elq, MD, ABIM, FACE
Professor of Internal Medicine and Endocrinology
Department of Internal Medicine
King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar
College of Medicine Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
PRESENT ACADEMIC RANK AND POSITION (January 2014 - DATE):
Professor, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Consultant Internist/Endocrinologist, Department of Internal Medicine,
King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar 31952, Saudi Arabia
EDUCATION (PROFESSIONAL TRAINING):
March 2006 : Enrolled in a master program in Health Professional Education (MHPE) at Gulf University – Bahrain
July 1997- Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship June 1999 at the University of Western Ontario – London- Ontario – Canada
December 1989 - January 1994 : Internal Medicine Residence Program (Arab Board for Medical Specialization and King
Faisal University Fellowship) at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.
April 1988 - March 1989 : Rotating Internship at King Fahd Hospital of the University, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia
1982 -1988 : College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
1989 : MBBS (College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia)
1993 : King Faisal University Fellowship in Internal Medicine (College of Medicine, King Faisal University, Dammam, Saudi Arabia)
1994 : Arab Board Certification in Internal Medicine (Arab Board for Medical Specializations, Damascus, Syria)
1995 : Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination for Graduates of International Medical Schools
1999 : The University of Western Ontario certificate in Endocrinology (University of Western Ontario, Canada)
2001 : Fellowship of the American College of Endocrinology.
2004 : Medical Diabetes Educator Certification -Qualified instructor (The DELTA Project)
2009 : Densitometry Certification - International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF)
2010 : Master in Health Professional Education Gulf University – Bahrain
2012 : Certificate of training in Good Clinical Practice – Faculty of Pharmacological Medicine – Royal College of Physicians London.
2013 : Certified European Technician- Diabetes Technology Society
PROFESSIONAL AND SOCIETY MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow, American College of Endocrinology.
- Member of American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Member of the research committee for the Gulf Chapter of the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
- Member of the Endocrine Society, USA
- Member of the American Diabetic Association (2007-2010)
- Member of Canadian Diabetic Association
- Member of the International Society for Stem Cell Research
- Member of the Society in Europe for Simulation Applied to Medicine (2009)
- Member of the Saudi Diabetic and Endocrine Association.
- Member of the Saudi Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Member of the Saudi Society of Osteoporosis and previous board member of the society (2009-2012).
- Member of the Saudi Society for Medical Education and board member of its Eastern Province branch.
- Registered and certified for medical practice by the Saudi Council for Health Specialties (SCHS)